Tuesday, August 07, 2007



Another great issue this week with loads of book reviews and features including a timely two page summary by David Cohen of some of the many titles in print about Bob Dylan.

But here is my favourite paragraph which made me laugh out loud.

It is from The Black Page where Joanne Black ruminates each week on matters happening around her.

My attempt to bring China's economy to its knees by trying not to buy products made there when I can get substitutes made elsewhere, has been difficult for my kids to grasp. It hit home for my five-year old daughter when I failed to buy her favourite Eta peanut butter at the supermarket, instead buying Kaiora peanut butter, which is made in New Zealand.

"Can't we have Chinese peanut butter?" she wailed one breakfast time. "No" her sister explained. "Mummy say's we're eating democratic peanut butter now."

"Democratic", said my son, picking up the Kaiora jar. "I didn't know it was democratic. It says here it's organic."

No comments: