Wednesday, March 19, 2008


HAMISH KEITH ACTS ON THE MCLAUCHLAN SITUATION

Dear Graham

I wondered whether or not I should quit the Society of Authors for their extraordinary response to Gordon’s criticism of what he saw as continuing imbalance in the distribution of judges for the Montana Book Awards. He surely had every right to do that and to be heard. In my experience one way to deal with that is to make sure that view is heard by the Montana Committee – more particularly since the President of the Society so clearly seems to agree with it.

I have decided to resign and I have done so on the basis of the two anonymous messages on this site – given their content and tone almost certainly from members. I have no wish to belong to any organisation which counts such mean spirited cowards among their number – I wonder what they may have written to justify their membership?.

I have resigned today after some 30 odd years as a member.

Hamish Keith

No comments: