Saturday, May 17, 2008


THE MICHAEL KING MEMORIAL LECTURE

This was delivered to a large audience today at the Auckland Writers & Readers Festival by the acclaimed British literary biographer Hermione Lee talking on the subject of her latest biography, Edith Wharton.

I can say with absolute certainly that Michael King would be truly delighted to have his name associated with this lecture. I was captivated, it was an absolutely brilliant perfomance by Lee, a professional in full flight, and I thought to myself how lucky one would be to be one of her students at Oxford.

I have to confess to having never read Wharton but I plan to correct this shortcoming very soon.

FOOTNOTE:
Open afternoon at The Michael King Writers' Centre,
Sunday 8 June , 2.00pm-4.00pm.
For further information telephone (09) 445 8451 or e-mail:

No comments: