Thursday, June 12, 2008


WAIMARINO COUNTY & OTHER EXCURSIONS
Martin Edmond - AUP - $35

When I read of Martin Edmond's bemusement about having his title shortlisted in the Biography category for the Montana NZ Book Awards it drew the title to my attention.

I am a great fan of his writing so have quickly remedied the fact that I didn't have a copy. Over my lunch break today I have read the first 33 pages and what a joy it is. Regardless of what category it is in, this book is a stunner; insightful and beautifully written. From a literary family, author, poet, screenwriter Martin Edmond 's books have all been critically acclaimed and this one will be no different. His previous title from AUP, Chronicle of the Unsung, won the Biography category of the 2005 Montana NZ Book Aawrds.

Check out Martin Edmond on the NZ Book Council website. And do be sure to read his latest book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book. You may wish to read about his worries on the first essay too...http://lucaantara.blogspot.com/2008/06/elephants-memory-revisited.html