Saturday, June 06, 2009

NEW WEB-BASED FICTION JOURNAL


Have a look at primastoria.com , an online literary showcase for new writing created by Mark Rickerby and edited by Mark and co-editor Will Robertson.

I notice it includes an interview with London-based NZ novelist Chad Taylor, pic right.


From the site:
"Prima Storia is a new web based fiction journal, launching in the Pacific Summer of 2009."


Prima Storia will publish short stories and poetry on an ongoing basis, alongside interviews with established writers and excerpts and previews from unpublished novels."We aim to raise the standard of creative publishing online, providing a high quality visual presence for established and emerging writers to showcase their work. We are also interested in exploring new dimensions of reading and audience participation through the crossover of short fiction with social design idioms."


Will Roberston has written to me saying:

I'd add that Mark Rickerby and I intend to publish a lot of young writers from non-English speaking countries at Prima Storia. I myself live in Indonesia, currently. I am presently arranging translations from Bahasa Indonesian of work by some of this country's premier young talents. With Mark to be based in Berlin from next month, and me in Asia, I think we will be publishing some really interesting new material this year.

We have a piece on the way from a Lithuanian science fiction writer, which should be interesting!We also plan to produce a hardcopy and pdf, "best of," once a year, and run a lot more interviews with established writers like Chad.


The Bookman wishes Will and Mark all the best in this exciting new venture.

No comments: