Thursday, December 03, 2009

Bethunes@Webb's Rare Books
SUN 6 DEC 2009 - 12:00PM

The Bethunes@Webb's Christmas Sale


When I was a young man working in Wellington in the 1960's, before moving to Napier and starting Beattie & Forbes Bookshop in 1968, I used to take leave in order to go along and sit in on Bethune's book auctions. I didn't have much discretionary cash so didn't often bid but I would happily sit there all day watching the New Zealand books and maps and ephemera going under the hammer.

Memories of those far off days came flooding back yesterday when I saw an advertisement in the NZ Herald for Bethunes@ Webbs Rare Books, Photography & Maps book sale being held this coming Sunday.

Sadly I will not be in Auckland on Sunday so will be unable to attend but if you would like more information or a catalogue then contact:

Francis McWhannell ,Head of Rare Book Department,
Webb’s, 18 Manukau Road, Newmarket,
Auckland 1023, New Zealand - DDI: +64 9 529 5602 bethunes@webbs.co.nz

No comments: