Tuesday, March 16, 2010

 Booklover

Award-winning UK author Andrea Levy has recently published her latest novel. The Long Song (Headline, $38.99).

The book I love most is...The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro…Perfection in book form. It is a great example of how a character can tell one story but the reader will understand another. I first read this book many years ago and it still haunts me.

 The book I'm reading right now i
s...The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters. I've only just begun this book but already the power of the writing has me gripped. Although I can't wait to see what will happen I am also savouring the wonderful writing. She's a great storyteller.
 
The book I'd like to read next is
....I'm looking forward to reading The Book Of Negroes  by Lawrence Hill. I've heard good things about it.

s.*Andrea Levy is touring New Zealand from March 22 – 26. Go to www.hachette.co.nz for more detail

This p[iece was first published in the Herald on Sunday, 14 March 2010

No comments: