Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FAB - An intimate life of Paul McCartney
Howard Sounes
Harper Collins - RRP: $39.99
Publication date 1 September 2010

This massive tome runs to 634 pages and is going to take me a while to read. I'm not a great reader of biographies but of course I must make an exception for this man whose music seems to have been significantly around all of my adult life.

The publisher's claim for the book reads:
In this authoritative biography, journalist and acclaimed author Howard Sounes builds the most accurate and extensive profile of Sir Paul McCartney, music's greatest living legend. Drawing on countless interviews, legal records and every other possible document, Sounes' meticulous approach and exhaustive research unmask the real man.

I have only read 86 pages so far (and of course perused the photos) but already I think the publishers claim is fair. This book is going to keep a lot of boys quiet for a long time!

No comments: