Friday, September 17, 2010

MILESTONE FOR BEATTIE'S BOOK BLOG

Four years ago next month I started this blog with my review of Martin Amis' .
brilliant but bleak novel, House of Meetings. It was post # 1. I had 17 visitors to the blog on that first day.

 Earlier today my post about Chrsine Cole-Catley and Steve Braunias was post # 10,000 !! And as I write this it is approaching 2.00pm on Friday and already today there have been 1311 visitors to the site.

A celebration is called for and as I am in Queenstown (where it is presenly snowing steadily) I intend to buy a few bottles of Central Otago's finest Pinot Noir to share with my family and friends who are also here. .

My thanks to all those who have contributed to my blog, and commented on various issues, as it approaches its fourth birthday but extra special thanks to the almost 2000 regular daily visitors from across New Zealand and around the world.

I gain immense satisfaction putting the blog together each day and am delighted, proud and somewhat astonished to have so many regular readers.
My one regret is that my late friend Paul Reynolds, who helped me so much when I first started, is not here to share a celebratory coffee with me. Thanks Paul wherever you are.

No comments: