Tuesday, November 02, 2010

FALL OF GIANTS - giant of a book

Weighing in at more than 850 pages this giant of a book is as big as three average size novels combined so I guess at NZ$60 in hardback it is a pretty fair price.
Annie has decided to read it before me which is pleasing as I'm buried in books right now and with a bit of luck it will take her until Christmas to get through it. Although Jack, a real Ken Follett fan, was telling me yesterday he will be through it inside a week. I told him he clearly has too much spare time on his hands.
This is an example of a title that will be best as an e-book if you are taking it with you on a plane!
All I can tell you about it so far is that it is the first in the planned Century Trilogy, that it opens in 1911 and follows five linked families through the drama of the First World War, the Russian Revolution and the struggle for votes for women.
This man is a prolific wriuter with a huge fan base around the world. World wide sales of all his books stand at a staggering 116.4 million copies.
http://www.ken-follett.com/

No comments: