Friday, February 04, 2011

Leading US pulisher suggests 'Digital Transition' Will be Slower than Predicted

"I have no doubt that we are in the midst of a digital transition. It is here to stay and is proving disruptive--especially to brick-and-mortar booksellers. The only question is: How fast will the migration to digital happen?

"In my opinion, not as fast as the majority of my colleagues in the industry think. I do not believe that by 2014, 50% of all books sold will be digital. I believe the number will be closer to 25%. That is, in fact, the planning assumption we are using at Thomas Nelson."

--Michael Hyatt, chairman & CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers, in a blog post presenting "Four Reasons Why the Sales Growth of e-Books Will Be Slower Than Industry Executives Think."

As reported by Shelf Awareness.

No comments: