Thursday, April 07, 2011

The Land of the Painted Caves

It is going to be a while before I can get to this huge 662 page  novel, the sixth and final title in the series by Jean Auel that started 30 years ago with The Clan of the Cave Bear.

Gosh it really is a big handsome hardback, (you do not see much hardback fiction in NZ these days), with different maps featuring on the endpapers.
Meantime it is in the to-be-read area on my bookshelf .

Hodder & Stoughton - NZ$60

PS - My spies tell me this was the biggest selling book in NZ last week, by a country mile. A source at Hachette told me they had sold in well over 7000 copies. Wow. But I am not at all surprised, so many people have been waiting for this last one to finish off the series they have been reading for three decades.

No comments: