Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So many cook books - Nigella has a storage problem

We moved just before Christmas and although I tried to keep my cookbook collection under control, some of the categories did get a bit muddled in transit. On top of that, I have accumulated a number (an embarrassingly extravagant number) of new books that have been piling up messily, not to say dangerously, all over the place. So I decided to take stock, and this week has been Operation Organise. I managed to avoid most of the heavy lifting but am dazed anyway from a brain-draining amount of time cataloguing like crazy onto an Excel document. As the titles mounted up I veered between pride and shame. It is certainly some collection: at close of play today, the total (for now) stands at 3886 titles!
Posted by Nigella on the 19th Aug 2011

2 comments:

Mark Hubbard said...

Hoping there's going to be lots of pre-Christmas Nigella posts Bookman. Wouldn't be Christmas without her: and I'm a little disappointed Prime is playing her Christmas show from last year.

Hope she's okay.

And thanks to this link I'm now able to stalk, sorry, follow her on Titter, I mean Twitter!

Geoff Churchman said...

I know how it feels from the last time I moved house 6 years ago - it was good weightlifting exercise.