Over at Reddit, a reading club leader in Brooklyn received some unexpected help from Poppies Bookstore in California.
An employee at Poppies Books sent a Brooklyn book club a massive shipment of kid’s books recently, a heartwarming story about why independent bookstores are so important. Check out our massive list of indie bookstores on Twitter for more.
Check it out: “I posted [on Reddit] looking for some short story suggestions for the struggling readers in our reading club … I got a message from a woman from Poppies Bookstore in Torrance, CA offering me some books (and she got the shipping!), and I was thrilled. I expected a small box of books. Instead it was a huge box of books! And they were great selections and titles–books the kids love! Seriously awesome … there are far too few good bookstores in the world, and we need them. I only wish we lived closer because it looks like a great bookstore and I know the owner is gold!”