Thursday, January 19, 2012

FOR SALE - BEAUTIFUL, SUCCESSFUL, INDEPENDENT ANGLOPHONE BOOKSHOP

This was the heading of my post back in April 2011.

Owner Penelope has now contacted me to say " that the bookshop still has not found a buyer and the price has dropped down to 100,000 euros and may be able to go down a little further - in France you buy the place, the name, the bookshelves and the reputation - you don't buy the business behind it - so you get a fresh start - if you know someone out there who would love to be a bookseller and has the time, opportunity and money to do this - the lifestyle in Paris is worth it. 
I loved running this bookshop and it is now an empty shell of what it once was with plenty of customers coming in daily - I think the right person(s) will know who they are - they just need to be found. When I found the original location of the bookshop - I knew immediately that it was right - of course I still had to get funding, which I did,- but it is like the matrix - you have to believe you can do it - and I did, and this bookshop is ten years proof of it working. People still buy books and they will continue to do so - I am leaving the bookshop because I have to leave Paris - the bookshop has about another two weeks to two months maximum left to find a buyer. Please contact me on the bookshop email : good.reading@wanadoo.fr "

Gosh if I was 20 years younger I'd be over there like a shot!

No comments: