Sunday, January 08, 2012

Three Lives and Company

We spent the afternoon wandering the West Village which is always fun but of course the main object was to visit that wonderful indie bookstore, Three Lives & Company.
The weather here in NYC is unseasonably mild (significant understatement - 17C today), so sadly this shot from last Christmas is not really relevant but I do like it so here it is again.
Although I am already laden down with books and had vowed not to buy any more on this visit I still managed to purchase the following:

Chronicles of Old New York
Exploring Manhattan's Landmark Neighborhoods.
James Roman - Museyon - $17.95
Includes 9 walking tours, we hope to walk a couple of them this coming week.


Tin House - 50th issue
Tin House Books - $12.95
I'll give this to Fergus Barrowman, publisher of Sport literary magazine, after I have read it.

The Believer
Vol.10 No.1 - McSweeney Publishing - $8.
I was seduced by the cover (right). Fergus will probably get this one too.



No comments: