Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Snow Child - an excited first-time author reports


I have so much to tell you, I hardly know how to start this letter.
I want to tell you how wonderful the staff and readers are at Tattered Cover in downtown Denver, where I participated in my first official author reading and book signing. I want to tell you how heart-warming it is to be surrounded by talented authors, kind book lovers, a beautiful bookstore. I even had my uncle at my side as I signed copies of The Snow Child! It is a day I will never forget.
But I also want to tell you how much I’ve appreciated your emails, messages and tweets telling me where you have spotted The Snow Child. Here are just a few places where there have been “Snow Child sightings.”
  • Buffalo, New York
  • Hawaii
  • The Costco Connection magazine that goes out to Costco members and featured an interview with me and a review of The Snow Child this month.
  • New Mexico
  • Delaware
  • Barnes & Noble in Baltimore, Maryland
  • Kodiak, Alaska
  • Olympia, Washington
  • Florida
  • Laramie, Wyoming
  • Powell’s Bookstore in Oregon
  • Pittsburg, Kansas
  • South Hadley, Massachusetts at the Odyssey Bookshop
  • Lansing, Michigan
  • Reno, Nevada
  • Oprah Magazine, February issue, Page 111 (I had to see it to believe it.)
  • Northwest Book Lovers blog
  • Idaho
  • Chicago
  • Pennsylvania
  • Prairie Lights Bookstore in Iowa City
  • Rome, Italy
  • Ireland
  • Corsica
  • Flagstaff, Arizona Barnes & Noble
  • Jerusalem
  • Boyd Farm in Palmer, Alaska
It’s simply amazing!

Read more at Eowyn's blog - Letters from Alaska
And have a look at her website too.

No comments: