Thursday, May 10, 2012

Auckland Writers and Readers Festival Grand Opening Tonight



The Grand opening of the 2012 Festival is this evening with the New Zealand Listener Gala Night commencing at the Aotea Centre at 7.00pm. 
The Festival is NZ's biggest literary event and I will be virtually camping there for the next three days. I plan to attend 18 or so sessions provided Festival fatigue doesn't get hold of me (!) and I will be reporting on the blog about these events as I get time. Hopefully there will be free WiFI access as in previous years so that as time permits I can post to the blog directly from the Festival.
Writer poet Siobahn Harvey is assisting me and will be writing on the blog about four events she is attending.If any others wish to join the blog as honorary reporters during the Festival let me know.
For full programme details go to the Festival website.
See you there!

No comments: