Thursday, May 03, 2012

An Hour with Charlotte Wood - Auckland Writers & Readers Festival - I await this session with keen interest

I am so looking forward to this session at the AWRF next week - Friday May 11 at 4.00pm.
Although she is here primarily as a fiction writer, having been short-listed for both the Miles Franklin Award and the Commonwealth Writers Prize, I am going to hear her because of her food writing and particularly because of her just-published Love & Hunger which I have just read and which I found utterly charming and captivating.

Although it contains some 75 simple, classic recipes the book is really about everything Charlotte has learned about food and cookery over the past 20 years as a passionate home cook. The book is both amusing and inspiring and is a must-read for all serious foodies. Buy a copy at the always-marvellous Festival bookstore and get Charlotte to sign it for you.

No comments: