Tuesday, May 01, 2012

SENIOR CHANGES AT HARPERCOLLINS ANZ - Michael Moynahan steps down


Press Release:
Sydney, London, New York, 1st May 2012:

HarperCollins today announced that Michael Moynahan has decided to retire as CEO of HarperCollins Australia and New Zealand, in order to return to his native New Zealand. James Kellow, currently
Commercial Director, will be the new CEO ANZ from 1st June 2012.
HarperCollins UK and International CEO, Victoria Barnsley said: “It is with great
regret that we see Michael depart from HarperCollins. His huge energy and
experience during four years at the helm have helped move the business to a
different level. In addition, in his other capacity as a Board Director of HarperCollins
India, Michael’s knowledge of the Indian publishing market has been invaluable and I
welcome his decision to remain on the Indian Board until the end of this year. I am
sure I speak on behalf of all the team, both Michael’s direct reports and those of us
who work with him in HarperCollins’ offices around the world, when I say that he will
be greatly missed by all of us.
“James Kellow is the natural successor to Michael - they have been a great team
together in the past four years, seeing the business through some challenging times.
Personally, I have known James for many years, since we worked together at 4th
Estate in the 1990s, and I am sure he is the right person to lead the business in the
times ahead."
Michael Moynahan said: “HarperCollins Australia and New Zealand is a truly great
company which I have been very proud to lead. The commitment this company has
to its authors, its customers and its people, is second to none. The creative way it
approaches everything it does gives me confidence that whatever the future brings, it
will face the challenges with great gusto. My decision to leave has been a personal
one but I leave knowing that this is a truly first-class team. I have greatly enjoyed my
time at HarperCollins, in most part because of the people, and there has been no
greater joy for me than to come to work everyday with this incredibly talented group. I
want to thank James, Shona, Christine, Malcolm, Tony and rest of the senior team
for their tremendous support over the last few years and in particular wish James the
very best in his new role.”
James Kellow has over 20 years publishing experience, having held senior Sales and
Marketing roles in Penguin, Simon & Schuster and 4th Estate, all in the UK. In his
current role, he has been responsible for sales, marketing, digital and publishing
operations and has, with Michael, helped steer the business over the last few years.
James Kellow said: “I couldn't be more positive about our future. Michael has been
an inspirational leader over the past four years and has transformed the company.
We are now brilliantly placed to go on and achieve so much for our authors, our
readers and our people. I'm very much looking forward to building on Michael's
contribution and leading this fantastic team to great success.'

No comments: