Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Bookman makes his first NY book purchase on this visit

A chic and humorous visual homage to two of the world's most iconic cities.



When Vahram Muratyan began his online travel journal, Paris versus New York, he would have had no idea how quickly it would become one of the most buzzed-about sites on the Internet-it garnered more than a million and a half page views in just a few months, and the attention of savvy online critics. 
Now Muratyan presents his unique observations in this delightful book, featuring visually striking graphics paired with witty, thought-provoking taglines that celebrate the special details of each city. Paris versus New York is a heartfelt gift to denizens of both cities. 

Bought of course at my favourite Manhattan indie bookstore, McNally Jackson 52 Prince Street, Soho.
Photos below show part of the impressive cook book section and the light fittings in the cafe section.



Oh and I should have mentioned I ordered a copy of The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling while I was in there. I will collect it Friday.

1 comment:

Fay said...

Hope you enjoy your trip. I do not get to NYC very often, but The Strand Book Store is my favorite. Their rare book room is worth a visit.

http://www.strandbooks.com/index.cfm