Monday, October 15, 2012

The Bookman comes home to a pile of mail !

Collecting three weeks worth of mail at the mail room at Victoria St.West branch of NZ Post which is ably run by manager Beth and her superb all-women team. They look after me and my mail unfailingly very well and I am indebted to them. Long live NZ Post who also by the way are sponsors of the NZ Post NZ Book Awards. My favourite corporate.
When I got home it took me five trips from the car to get it all out on the dining table ready to be opened.
The packing materials, mostly recyclable, on the floor after opening everything.
The finished result - 51 books for review, 14 magazines, and 112 items of other mail. It too me almost two hours to open everything. Now the real work begins!

1 comment:

Vanda Symon said...

Crikey! I'd take one look at that and want to ignore it and go on another holiday.