Monday, March 18, 2013

This Week on NZ Poetry Box & Challenge #3 Sounding Out



Thanks to all the children, teachers and parents (and fans of poetry) who are supporting NZ Poetry Box. I am still finding my way so I appreciate all your comments, suggestions and questions. What a treat to read your small poems last week young poets! I have had some great feedback on the finalists' poems. Don't forget if you want email alerts on my new posts you can follow the site (scroll down on the right).
This week and next week NZ Poetry Box celebrates Margaret Mahy and looks at the way poems can sound.
I have been a fan of Margaret's writing since I got my first copy of The Lion in the Meadows in the 1970s. Of all the children's authors in the world she was the one that showed me how words can make extraordinary music in your ear as well as taking you on extraordinary adventures.
On Monday there will be a new poetry challenge, on Tuesday there will be a poetry tip to help that challenge, on Wednesday I will talk about the way Margaret's poetry book The Word Witch makes poetry magic, on Thursday it is time for Poetry Play and on Friday I will tell you what I love about Margaret's picture book The Moon & Farmer McPhee.
 Paula Green
PO Box 95078 Swanson Waitakere 0653

No comments: