Wednesday, September 18, 2013

50 Works of Fiction in Translation That Every English Speaker Should Read

50 Works of Fiction in Translation That Every English Speaker Should Read

By Jason Diamond on


Why Joyce Maynard Is Right About J.D. SalingerWhy Joyce Maynard Is Right About J.D. Salinger

Over the weekend, the New York Times ran an op-ed by the writer Joyce Maynard, she who is most famous for having lived with J.D. Salinger for a short period when she was in her late teens and he was… 53. I admit that I was on her side before even reading the first line of her editorial. I have what some might call a knee-jerk reaction to the kind of man who dates as far outside his age bracket as this. I cannot help but judge it. I actually think this is true of a lot of people, and that I am at most perhaps more honest about it than others. Other women, I mean. … Read More

No comments: