Friday, January 31, 2014

David Baldacci Launches Kids' Fantasy Series & other children's book news


PW

David Baldacci, whose adult thrillers have more than 110 million copies in print worldwide, is venturing onto new fictional turf with The Finisher, which launches a children's fantasy series on March 4. It all began with a journal that his wife gave him on Christmas Day 2008, and it wasn’t the first time the author found inspiration in a diary.

 “When I was a kid, my mother bought me a journal, and that’s when I started writing. When I received the journal from my wife, I immediately fled to my home office, opened to the first page, and wrote the name ‘Vega Jane.’ ”
more

IN THE MEDIA

From the New York Times:
Writing book reports with a little help from John Green and the New York Times Book Review. Click here

From the Los Angeles Times:
Fox releases the first movie trailer for The Fault in Our Stars. Click here

From Entertainment Weekly:
Some details on Rainbow Rowell's just-announced book deal. Click here
From School Library Journal:
The ALA has approved the new Lemony Snicket Prize for Noble Librarians Faced with Adversity. Click here

From Chalkbeat NY:
How New York City educators are adjusting to the Common Core standards. Click here

From Brain Pickings:
A look inside What's Your Favorite Animal? by Eric Carle and Friends. Click here

No comments: