Saturday, September 27, 2014

Initial #AmtrakResidency Writers Named

Shelf Awareness

Amtrak has announced the 24 writers who will be the first to participate in the #AmtrakResidency program that was launched earlier this year. During the next year, they will work on writing projects of their choice in the workspace of a long-distance train. More than 16,000 applications were received, and Amtrak said the "writers selected for the program offer a diverse representation of the writing community and hail from across the country."

"I love writing on trains," Deanne Stillman told the Los Angeles Times. "I've reserved a spot on the California Zephyr, which goes through the Great Plains, where my next book takes place. The book is Blood Brothers, about the unlikely friendship between Sitting Bull and Buffalo Bill, and I'm writing it for Simon & Schuster. I'll be seeing the plains from the point of view of the Iron Road, which I haven't done before."

No comments: