Returning Kiwi author Paula Morris  is an advocate for New Zealand art and artists. Photo / Mike Brooke
Returning Kiwi author Paula Morris is an advocate for New Zealand art and artists. Photo / Mike Brooke
1. You're in the running for the Sunday Times EFG prize: How do you wish you could blow the winning £30,000?

I owe every penny of it, so it would buy a lot of peace of mind. I've been living beyond my means for years. Who have I borrowed off? Family, friends and credit cards. I'm surprised I haven't borrowed money off you actually. But I owe less than a lot of people owe on their mortgage. Sometimes I do really worry about it and at times it's made me miserable and stressed. Last year I had six weeks of daily radiotherapy (for LCIS, a carcinoma) and I forgot all about (the money). But I wasn't able to write and work and pay bills. Around that time American Express cut me off after 20 years of being a customer. I called to say I'm going through this (treatment) and I haven't been able to finish my book that I needed to finish to make money and they said 'oh that's so sad' then a letter arrived saying I was cut off.
More