Saturday, April 25, 2015

Book-to-Screen Adaptations That Are Worth the Read


By Pamela Satran    |   Friday, April 24, 2015 - Off the Shelf
The very best book-to-screen adaptations are those where you can’t tell which you like better—the cinematic version or the literary work that inspired it. I feel that way myself about my own novel Younger and the new television series of the same name, created by Sex and the City’s Darren Star and starring Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff, and Debi Mazar.

I envisioned Younger on the screen almost before I plotted it out as a book, mostly because it’s such a perfect property for a forty-ish actress, letting her look hot and at the same time show off her depth and hard-earned acting prowess. With that starting point, I was extra thrilled when I heard that Star had chosen Sutton Foster to play the lead in the show. A Tony Award–winning Broadway star, Foster brings soul, depth, and glamour to the character.
Here are some of my favorite book-to-screen adaptations:... READ MORE

No comments: