Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A totally enchanting new New Zealand novel - don't miss this one.


It is appropriate that this new novel should have such a stunning cover because the work contained within the covers is also stunning.
It is a long time since I have read a New Zealand novel that has so entranced me. Read over 24 hours I was captivated, moved, saddened, thrilled and totally enchanted by the work which the author describes as " a celebration of the Greek and Kiwi connection that goes back to the Second World Way and the little-known story of the Greek girls who migrated to New Zealand in the sixties".

It is all of that and much more too. It is a very fine piece of writing and publishing and I offer my warm congratulations to the author and the publisher.

1 comment:

TK Roxborogh said...

There is NO ONE else I'd want such praise from, Graham. I offer that it's a sentiment shared by many of us. I'm thrilled for Maggie. And for Mākaro for once again making it so beautiful. Stunning inside the cover and out. Maggie's story of how this came to be will be used as a candle to all those wonderful writers who are struggling to get their stories 'out there' in these every diminishing publishing times.