Thursday, January 25, 2018

Off the Shelf


January 24, 2018
By
Allison Tyler
 
6 Recommended Reads from a Small Town Library
      
 
I may romanticize the profession, but being a librarian seems like the perfect job. Librarians get to spend their days in a quiet setting, surrounded by books (Does anything smell as good as a book?), interacting with other bibliophiles, and indulging reading passions among the stacks (once their work is done, of course). My small town of 24,000 people is lucky enough to have a beautiful and creatively run public library. I was curious what books my local librarians would recommend for my to-be-read pile, and the staff of New Jersey’s Cranford Public Library was happy to share their compelling and diverse suggestions, all of which I can’t wait to read.

No comments: